On the east side of San Juan Island, just outside of Friday Harbor, Griffin Bay is the perfect destination for calm water kayaking. Set out for a short paddle to take in the views. The route paddles out towards Dinner Island where encounters with Harbor Seals and wildlife are common.
Protected from strong currents and prevailing southwesterly winds, Griffin Bay gives paddlers the opportunity for a more mellow kayaking experience. As with all of our tours, we provide quality equipment and professional guides to ensure that you get the most out of your kayaking experience.
Why Choose Discovery Sea Kayaks For Your Kayak Tour
- Quality Guides: All guides complete an in-house kayak skills training, as well as a seasonal training course with top professionals in the field. Guides also participate in naturalist workshops and certification classes at the local Whale Museum which ensures that they know how to operate accordingly around killer whales and other wildlife.
- Our fiberglass tandem kayaks have been selected for stability, performance, and comfort. From calm seas to choppy seas, these kayaks will perform perfectly.
Why We Paddle Griffin Bay
Griffin Bay is a perfect location for paddlers who may be a little nervous about the currents and rougher waters that occasionally present themselves on the west side of the island. Being close to our office in Friday Harbor we are able to reduce the time duration of the tour for those looking for a kayaking experience without the longer time commitment needed to kayak the west side of San Juan Island.
- Kayaking Instruction and Professional Guide
- Kayaking Gear
- Dry bag
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses Hat
- Extra Layers
- Sandals or Water Shoes that can get wet
- Gratuity for Guides (greatly appreciated)
|Style:||Calm Waters | Families|
|Location:||East Side of San Juan Island|
|Depart:||9 AM and 2 PM |
|Activity:||No Experience Required|
|Restriction:||Young paddlers must weigh a minimum of 55 pounds. Maximum weight 250 pounds.|
|Daily July - August|