Our two-day kayak camping tours are a great way to explore the islands if you are traveling to San Juan Island for a limited amount of time. We design the two-day kayak tour route to not only include the best potential for seeing killer whales but also to share some of the most beautiful areas of the islands. Traveling between and camping on some of the area’s smaller islands offers unlimited potential wildlife encounters.
Make no mistake, while this is our shortest multi-day kayak tour, it is in no way inferior in quality to that of our other guided adventures. On this 2-Day kayaking excursion, guests will experience the same quality gourmet locally-sourced meals as prepared on our 3 and 5-day Deluxe tours. Discovery’s professional guides make guests’ safety, comfort, and enjoyment of their top priorities. Expect to learn all about the rich human and natural history of the surrounding area, both while on the water and at camp.
We offer a limited amount of 3 Day Kayak Tours every season. We do so to ensure we have a complete focus on the quality of the kayak tours. We do a lot of planning and customized menus for each tour and we do not want to rush any of the processes. For this reason, we do sell out of space and recommend booking well in advance.
Is the date you want sold out or not listed? Complete the Kayak Tour Request Form and we will get back to you if we are able to accommodate your request.
Gourmet Camp Cusine
One of the many reasons to choose our multi-day kayak adventures is the food. Guides develop custom menus for each kayak tour. We utilize as many local ingredients as possible when preparing meals. If we cannot harvest what we need from our organic garden we will shop at our local farmer’s market to find quality produce. Our staff will prepare each meal with care, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Day 1: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast and Lunch
We go the extra mile when it comes to the equipment we use. All camping equipment is in excellent condition. Tents are spacious with plenty of room to stretch out in the evenings. Warm Marmot sleepings bags paired with comfortable Therm-A-Rest sleeping pads and camp pillows make for a great night’s rest. Enjoy traveling in fiberglass kayaks with lightweight Werner Paddles. Provided Seal Line dry bags will keep all of your belongings nice and dry. We select our equipment with care and put it to the test. Only the best are selected for our tours.
The campsites we utilize on the two-day kayak tour are all typically equipped with water, picnic tables, pit toilets, comfortable flat ground for pitching tents, and a variety of trails to explore. All of the island campsites are maintained by Washington State Parks. Camps do NOT have showers or electricity.
Each island we camp on has its own charm and character. Jones Island offers some of the most beautiful campsites with amazing sunsets and great hiking. Stuart Island campsites are tucked away and protected in a deep bay that provides great opportunities to see feeding Osprey and Harbor Seals patrolling the area in search of fish. Enjoy a hike through the countryside to one of the best sunset spots in the San Juan Islands.
Discovery kayak guides are highly skilled kayakers with strong naturalist (wildlife education) and historical backgrounds. Not only are they skilled on the water, but they also take care of you at camp. All of our guides go through an extensive training period that requires a high level of dedication to complete. We spend long days on the water training to gain all the skills necessary to be a professional kayak guides. Off the water, we spend a lot of time in a classroom setting learning all the details of expedition planning, island history, the dynamics of the ocean waterways, and the animals and organisms that make up the complex island ecosystem. Multiday guides are also responsible for planning, prepping, and cooking each gourmet meal in the field. From freshly brewed coffee with a hearty breakfast in the morning to delicious and filling dinners, rest assured your guide has thought of it all.
Why Choose Discovery Sea Kayaks For Your San Juan Island Kayak Tour
- Best Value on San Juan Island. No need to go out and buy a lot of new gear, we have you covered. No hidden rental fees, camp fees or launch fees everything is included.
- Kayak Guides: We assure you, that you will have one of the best-trained and knowledgeable guides on San Juan Island.
- Small Groups: We operate with a small group of guests to ensure the quality of each tour.
- The Equipment: We always have you covered. Top-of-the-line camping and kayaking equipment provided. To top it off we provide everything you need for camping included in the tour cost. No equipment rental fees!
- The Food: As mentioned earlier we custom design all menus for each tour. We source produce from our own garden, local farmers, and farmer’s market.
- Route Selection: We travel routes that best showcase the San Juan Islands and provide excellent whale-watching opportunities.
- No Hype: We believe in honesty and integrity. Give us a call or email if you need help with deciding what tour is best for you.
- Last but not least: Impeccable reputation on TripAdvisor and YELP
- Sea Kayak Guide
- Kayak Instruction
- Tandem Kayaks and Paddles
- Life Vest (PFD) and Spray Skirts
- 1 10L Dry Bag and 1 20L Dry Bag
- Waterproof Jacket and Pants (for paddling)
- Tents (MSR 3 person tent for 2 guests)
- Marmot Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Bag Liner
- Therm-a-Rest Sleeping Pad and Pillow
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Plates, Bowls, and Utensils
- Water Shoes
- Non-Cotton Clothing
- 2 Short and 2 Long Sleeve Top
- Base Layers (Long Underwear)
- Quick Dry Pants
- Shorts (Summer Season)
- Hat and Beanie
- Rain Jacket and Pants (for camp)
- Light Fleece Gloves (Spring and Fall)
- Fleece Jacket and Pants (Spring and Fall)
- 2 Pair Wool Socks
- Light Hiking Shoe
- Follow Link Below for More Details
|Style:||Nature, Wildlife & Exploration|
|Location:||San Juan Islands|
|Duration:||2 Days / 1 Night|
|Activity:||Average to Moderate|
|Restriction:||16 Years Min / 250 Pounds Max|
|If you do not see a date on the calendar that fits your travel plans. Email and inquire if we can accommodate additional dates.|