5 Day Kayak Tours are designed for those looking to travel more miles and camp in areas otherwise unreachable during our 2 and 3 Day Kayak Tours. With 5 days to explore the islands, we have the freedom to kayak each day or set a base camp and relax. Guests will have ample opportunity to take day hikes around the small islands we visit and encounter all the beauty this area has to offer.
Each evening, sit back and take in the rays of the setting sun and enjoy the company of your fellow kayakers. Stay up late to view stars without city lights to drown out their brilliance. There may even be a chance to take a late night paddle with your guide to view the amazing bioluminescence of protected inlets. Our guides plan each 5 Day Kayak Tour with a focus on adventure, wildlife viewing, beautiful camping, and unforgettable meals. This is truly an adventure to be remembered. Gather your family or a group of friends and come out to take part in the experience.
Gourmet Camp Cuisine
One of the many reasons to choose our multi-day kayak adventures is the food. Guides develop custom menus for each kayak tour. We utilize as many local ingredients as possible when preparing meals. If we are unable to harvest what we need from our organic garden we will shop at our local farmers market to find quality produce. Our staff will prepare each meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Day 1: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 5: Breakfast and Lunch
We go the extra mile when it comes to the equipment we use. All camping equipment is in excellent condition. Tents are spacious with plenty of room to stretch out in the evenings. Warm Marmot sleepings bags paired with comfortable Therm-A-Rest sleeping pads and camp pillows make for a great night’s rest. Enjoy traveling in fiberglass kayaks with lightweight Werner Paddles. Provided Seal Line dry bags will keep all of your belongings nice and dry. We select our equipment with care and put it to the test. Only the best is selected for our tours.
The campsites we utilized on the five-day kayak tour are all typically equipped with water, picnic tables, pit toilets, comfortable flat ground for pitching tents, and a variety of trails to explore. All of the island campsites are maintained by Washington State Parks. Camps do NOT have showers or electricity.
Each island we camp has its own charm and character. Jones Island offers some of the most beautiful campsites with amazing sunsets and great hiking. Stuart Island has tucked away campsites protected in a deep bay that provide great opportunities to see feeding Osprey as harbor seals patrol the area searching for fish. Enjoy a hike through the countryside to one of the best sunset spots in the San Juan Islands. Other islands we may reach on the five-day tour include Sucia, Matia, Patos, Clark, Orcas, and more. You can expect a unique and memorable adventure on each of the islands we reach.
Discovery kayak guides are highly skilled kayakers with strong naturalist (wildlife education) and history backgrounds. Not only are they skilled on the water, they take care of you at camp. All of our guides go through an extensive training period that requires a high level of dedication to complete. We spend long days on the water training to gain all the skills necessary to be a professional kayak guide. Off the water, we spend a lot of time in a classroom setting learning all the details of expedition planning, island history, the dynamics of the ocean waterways, and the animals and organisms that make up the complex island ecosystem. Multiday guides are also responsible for planning, prepping, and cooking each gourmet meal in the field. From freshly brewed coffee with a hearty breakfast in the morning, to delicious and filling dinners, rest assured your guide has thought of it all.
Why Choose Discovery Sea Kayak For Your San Juan Island Kayak Tour
- Best Value on San Juan Island. No need to go out and buy a lot of new gear, we have you covered. No hidden rental fees, camp fees or launch fees, everything is included.
- Kayak Guides: We assure you, you will have one of the best-trained and knowledgeable guides on San Juan Island.
- Small Groups: We operate with a small group of guests to ensure the quality of each tour.
- The Equipment: We always have you covered. Top of the line camping and kayaking equipment provided. To top it off we provide everything you need for camping included in the tour cost. No equipment rental fees!
- The Food: As mentioned earlier we custom design all menus for each tour. We source produce from our own organic garden, local farmers, and farmers market.
- Route Selection: We travel routes that best showcase the San Juan Islands and provide excellent whale watching opportunities.
- No Hype: We believe in honesty and integrity. Give us a call or email if you need help with deciding what tour is best for you.
- Last but not least: Impeccable reputation on TripAdvisor and YELP
- Sea Kayak Guide
- Kayak Instruction
- Tandem Kayaks and Paddles
- Life Vest (PFD) and Spray Skirts
- 1 10L Dry Bag and 1 20L Dry Bag
- Waterproof Jacket and Pants (for paddling)
- Tents (MSR 3 person tent for 2 guests)
- Marmot Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Bag Liner
- Therm-a-Rest Sleeping Pad and Pillow
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Plates, Bowls, and Utensils
- Water Shoes
- Non-Cotton Clothing
- 2 Short and 2 Long Sleeve Top
- Base Layers (Long Underwear)
- Quick Dry Pants
- Shorts (Summer Season)
- Hat and Beanie
- Rain Jacket and Pants (for camp)
- Light Fleece Gloves (Spring and Fall)
- Fleece Jacket and Pants (Spring and Fall)
- 2 Pair Wool Socks
- Light Hiking Shoe
- Follow Link Below for More Details
|Style:||Nature, Wildlife & Exploration|
|Location:||San Juan Islands|
|Duration:||5 Days / 4 Nights|
|Activity:||Average to Moderate|
|Restriction:||16 Years Min / 250 Pounds Max|
|Reservation By Request: Minimum of 4 for Reservation|
|August 23rd 2020 (3 Spots Left, Call)|