We are open and reserving 3 day tour for June – September
The 3 Day San Juan Island Kayak Camping Tour is perfect for those wanting to spend more time exploring the San Juan Islands. This is our most popular multi-day kayaking tour option. Three days offer the perfect amount of time to explore the islands and spend time paddling prime whale-watching territory. We design each route to maximize adventure, scenic beauty, and cover the best wildlife areas around the islands.
Each evening take in the beautiful sunsets from camp or hike to amazing vista points for views across the water to the Canadian Gulf Islands. If conditions permit, guides will offer the opportunity to kayak at night in search of the sparkling lights of bioluminescent organisms.
Gourmet Camp Cusine
One of the many reasons guests come back for another 3-day kayak adventure is our food. Guides custom design meal plans for each tour. We source as much as we can from our organic garden and the rest from local farmers when possible. Each day, guides will prepare healthy and fresh meals. Please do not hesitate to ask for the recipes!
Day 1: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Breakfast and Lunch
We go the extra mile when it comes to the equipment we use. All camping equipment is in excellent condition. Tents are spacious with plenty of room to stretch out in the evenings. Warm Marmot sleepings bags paired with comfortable Therm-A-Rest sleeping pads and camp pillows make for a great nights rest. Enjoy traveling in fiberglass kayaks with lightweight Werner Paddles. Provided Seal Line dry bags will keep all of your belongings nice and dry. We select our equipment with care and put it to the test. Only the best is selected for our tours.
The campsites we utilize on the three-day kayak tour are all typically equipped with water, picnic tables, composting toilets, comfortable flat ground for tents, and a variety of trails to explore. All island campsites visited are maintained by Washington State Parks. Camps do NOT have showers or electricity.
Each island we camp on has its own charm and character. Jones Island offers some of the most beautiful campsites with amazing sunsets and great hiking. Stuart Island campsites are tucked away and protected in a deep bay that provides great opportunities to see feeding Osprey and Harbor Seals patrolling the area in search of fish. Enjoy a hike through the countryside to one of the best sunset spots in the San Juan Islands.
Discovery kayak guides are highly skilled kayakers with strong naturalist (wildlife education) and history backgrounds. Not only are they skilled on the water, they take care of you at camp. All of our guides go through an extensive training period that requires a high level of dedication to complete. We spend long days on the water training to gain all the skills necessary to be a professional kayak guide. Off the water, we spend a lot of time in a classroom setting learning all the details of expedition planning, island history, the dynamics of the ocean waterways, and the animals and organisms that make up the complex island ecosystem. Multiday guides are also responsible for planning, prepping, and cooking each gourmet meal in the field. From freshly brewed coffee with a hearty breakfast in the morning, to delicious and filling dinners, rest assured your guide has thought of it all.
Why Choose Discovery Sea Kayaks For Your San Juan Island Kayak Tour
- Best Value on San Juan Island. No need to go out and buy a lot of new gear, we have you covered. No hidden rental fees, camp fees or launch fees everything is included.
- Kayak Guides: We assure you, you will have one of the best-trained and most knowledgeable guides on San Juan Island.
- Small Groups: We operate with a small group of guests to ensure the quality of each tour.
- The Equipment: We always have you covered. Top of the line camping and kayaking equipment provided. We provide everything you need for camping included in the tour cost. No equipment rental fees!
- The Food: As mentioned earlier, we custom design all menus for each tour. We source produce from our own garden, local farmers, and farmers market.
- Route Selection: We travel routes that best showcase the San Juan Islands and provide excellent whale watching opportunities.
- No Hype: We believe in honesty and integrity. Give us a call or email if you need help with deciding what tour is best for you.
- Last but not least: Impeccable reputation on TripAdvisor and YELP
- Sea Kayak Guide
- Kayak Instruction
- Tandem Kayaks and Paddles
- Life Vest (PFD) and Spray Skirts
- 1 10L Dry Bag and 1 20L Dry Bag
- Waterproof Jacket and Pants (for paddling)
- Tents (MSR 3 person tent for 2 guests)
- Marmot Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Bag Liner
- Therm-a-Rest Sleeping Pad and Pillow
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Plates, Bowls, and Utensils
- Water Shoes
- Non-Cotton Clothing
- 2 Short and 2 Long Sleeve Top
- Base Layers (Long Underwear)
- Quick Dry Pants
- Shorts (Summer Season)
- Hat and Beanie
- Rain Jacket and Pants (for camp)
- Light Fleece Gloves (Spring and Fall)
- Fleece Jacket and Pants (Spring and Fall)
- 2 Pair Wool Socks
- Light Hiking Shoe
- Follow Link Below for More Details
|Style:||Nature, Wildlife & Exploration|
|Location:||San Juan Islands|
|Duration:||3 Days / 2 Nights|
|Activity:||Average to Moderate|
|Restriction:||16 Years Min / 250 Pounds Max|
|June 7th, 2021|
|June 11th, 2021|
|June 18th, 2021|
|June 25th, 2021|
|July 2nd, 2021 (Groups of 4 or more Discount. Email for details)|
|July 5th, 2021|
|July 9th, 2021|
|July 12th, 2021|
|July 16th, 2021|
|July 19th, 2021|
|July 23rd, 2021|
|July 26th, 2021|
|July 30th, 2021|
|August 2nd, 2021|
|August 6th, 2021|
|August 9th, 2021|
|August 13th, 2021|
|August 16th, 2021|
|August 20th, 2021|
|August 30th, 2021|
|September 3rd, 2021|
|September 6th, 2021|
|September 10th, 2021|
|September 13th, 2021|
|September 17th, 2021|
|September 20th, 2021|
|September 24th, 2021|
|September 27th, 2021|