Our 3 Day San Juan Island overnight kayaking tour is pretty hard to match. So it is easy to see why this is the most popular overnight kayak tour option we offer, a perfect blend of expedition-style camping and relaxing vacation.
Paddle between islands and reconnect to the outdoors. Overnight kayak tours are the best way to step away from the day-to-day grind and listen to the water pass along the hull of your kayak. A diversity of wildlife resides in the San Juans. Seals, Sea Lions, Porpoises, and Whales all share the various waterways we travel.
On evenings that present the proper conditions, we will head back out into the darkness to observe the sparkling of Bioluminescence.
What sets us apart? Keep on reading.
Gourmet Camp Cusine
One of the many reasons guests come back for another 3-day kayak adventure is our food. Guides custom design meal plans for each tour. We source as much as we can from our organic garden and the rest from local farmers when possible. Each day, guides will prepare healthy and fresh meals. Please do not hesitate to ask for the recipes!
Day 1: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Breakfast and Lunch
We go the extra mile when it comes to the equipment we use. All camping equipment is in excellent condition. Tents are spacious with plenty of room to stretch out in the evenings. Warm Marmot sleepings bags paired with comfortable Therm-A-Rest sleeping pads and camp pillows make for a great nights rest. Enjoy traveling in fiberglass kayaks with lightweight Werner Paddles. Provided Seal Line dry bags will keep all of your belongings nice and dry. We select our equipment with care and put it to the test. Only the best is selected for our tours.
The campsites we utilize on the three-day kayak tour are all typically equipped with water, picnic tables, composting toilets, comfortable flat ground for tents, and a variety of trails to explore. All island campsites visited are maintained by Washington State Parks. Camps do NOT have showers or electricity.
Each island we camp on has its own charm and character. Jones Island offers some of the most beautiful campsites with amazing sunsets and great hiking. Stuart Island campsites are tucked away and protected in a deep bay that provides great opportunities to see feeding Osprey and Harbor Seals patrolling the area in search of fish. Enjoy a hike through the countryside to one of the best sunset spots in the San Juan Islands.
Discovery kayak guides are highly skilled kayakers with strong naturalist (wildlife education) and history backgrounds. Not only are they skilled on the water, they take care of you at camp. All of our guides go through an extensive training period that requires a high level of dedication to complete. We spend long days on the water training to gain all the skills necessary to be a professional kayak guide. Off the water, we spend a lot of time in a classroom setting learning all the details of expedition planning, island history, the dynamics of the ocean waterways, and the animals and organisms that make up the complex island ecosystem. Multiday guides are also responsible for planning, prepping, and cooking each gourmet meal in the field. From freshly brewed coffee with a hearty breakfast in the morning, to delicious and filling dinners, rest assured your guide has thought of it all.
Why Choose Discovery Sea Kayaks For Your San Juan Island Kayak Tour
- Best Value on San Juan Island. No need to go out and buy a lot of new gear, we have you covered. No hidden rental fees, camp fees or launch fees everything is included.
- Kayak Guides: We assure you, you will have one of the best-trained and most knowledgeable guides on San Juan Island.
- Small Groups: We operate with a small group of guests to ensure the quality of each tour.
- The Equipment: We always have you covered. Top of the line camping and kayaking equipment provided. We provide everything you need for camping included in the tour cost. No equipment rental fees!
- The Food: As mentioned earlier, we custom design all menus for each tour. We source produce from our own garden, local farmers, and farmers market.
- Route Selection: We travel routes that best showcase the San Juan Islands and provide excellent whale watching opportunities.
- No Hype: We believe in honesty and integrity. Give us a call or email if you need help with deciding what tour is best for you.
- Last but not least: Impeccable reputation on TripAdvisor and YELP
- Sea Kayak Guide
- Kayak Instruction
- Tandem Kayaks and Paddles
- Life Vest (PFD) and Spray Skirts
- 1 10L Dry Bag and 1 20L Dry Bag
- Waterproof Jacket and Pants (for paddling)
- Tents (MSR 3 person tent for 2 guests)
- Marmot Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Bag Liner
- Therm-a-Rest Sleeping Pad and Pillow
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Plates, Bowls, and Utensils
- Water Shoes
- Non-Cotton Clothing
- 2 Short and 2 Long Sleeve Top
- Base Layers (Long Underwear)
- Quick Dry Pants
- Shorts (Summer Season)
- Hat and Beanie
- Rain Jacket and Pants (for camp)
- Light Fleece Gloves (Spring and Fall)
- Fleece Jacket and Pants (Spring and Fall)
- 2 Pair Wool Socks
- Light Hiking Shoe
- Follow Link Below for More Details
|Style:||Nature, Wildlife & Exploration|
|Location:||San Juan Islands|
|Duration:||3 Days / 2 Nights|
|Activity:||Average to Moderate|
|Restriction:||16 Years Min / 250 Pounds Max|
|September 13th, 2021 (6 Spots Left)|
|September 20th, 2021 (4 Spots Left)|
|September 24th, 2021 (4 Spots Left)|
|2022 Dates Posted. Click Book The Tour|