KAYAK TOUR OVERVIEW MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SPECIAL: Save on Full Day and Half Day Kayak Tours, May 26th – May 28th. Groups of 1-3 guests save 10% OFF using the Promo Code MEM10. Groups of 4 or more automatically receive 10% OFF, use Promo Code MEM15 to save an additional 5% for a total savings of … Continued
Griffin Bay Half Day Kayak Tour
Please Call To Reserve
We will schedule a family kayak tour to Griffin Bay based on staff availability.
Tucked into the east side of San Juan Island, just outside of Friday Harbor, Griffin Bay is the perfect destination for calm water kayaking. Here, paddlers are exposed to scenic views across San Juan Channel, as well as wildlife viewing opportunities. This is a popular hangout spot for harbor seals, waterfowl, bald eagles, great blue herons and more. Protected from strong currents and prevailing southwesterly winds, Griffin Bay gives paddlers the opportunity for a more mellow kayaking experience. As with all of our tours, we provide quality equipment and professional guides to ensure that you get the most out of your kayaking experience.
Why Choose Discovery Sea Kayaks For Your Kayak Tour
- Quality Guides: All guides complete an in-house kayak skills training, as well as a seasonal training course with top professionals in the field. Guides also participate in naturalist workshops and certification classes at the local Whale Museum which ensures that they know how to operate accordingly around killer whales and other wildlife.
- Our fiberglass tandem kayaks have been selected for stability, performance and comfort. From calm seas to wind chop, the kayak will perform perfectly.
Why We Paddle Griffin Bay
Griffin Bay is a perfect location for paddlers who may be a little nervous about the currents and rougher waters that occasionally present themselves on the west side of the island. It is also an excellent option for families with children. Griffin Bay is set back from the main channels of our islands and offers calmer water with little to no current. Beautiful scenery and wildlife encounters are still highlights on this tour with frequent harbor seal, bald eagle, and sea star sightings.
- Quality Fiberglass Kayaks (Fiberglass kayaks are superior in performance and comfort)
- Dry Bags
- Werner Paddles (Paddles made in Washington State)
- Spray Skirts
- PFD’s (Life Vest)
What do you need to bring?
- Snacks, we will be on the water the entire time. So having a snack along is not a bad idea. Don’t forget a BOTTLE OF WATER.
- Light weight waterproof jacket. Waterproof pants are nice as well. We offer each for rent.
- It’s nice to have a pair of shoes you do not mind getting wet. There are times depending on the tide that we may have to step into the water to get in the kayaks.
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat and a Camera are all highly recommended.
If you forget any of the items, not to worry. Discovery Sea Kayaks is also a fully stocked outdoor retail shop. We can fit you with any items you may have left behind
KAYAK TOUR OVERVIEW Mobile Devices Book Here May Special: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SPECIAL: Save on Full Day and Half Day Kayak Tours, May 26th – May 28th. Groups of 1-3 guests save 10% OFF using the Promo Code MEM10. Groups of 4 or more automatically receive 10% OFF, use Promo Code MEM15 to save an … Continued
KAYAK TOUR OVERVIEW Mobile Devices Book Here Sunset Kayak Tours are a photographers dream and one of the best San Juan Island Kayaking Tours. Departing from the west side of San Juan Island, the best place to see orca whales, and to see the sunset. With views of Vancouver Island and the Olympic Mountains it is truly … Continued
Special Notice: 2017 Dates are almost sold out. We keep our group sizes limited to a small number, but will accommodate as best we can. If a date is listed as sold out, please call for details. The Bioluminescence Kayak Tours offer guests the opportunity to experience one of nature’s amazing light shows. The San … Continued
A Multi-Day San Juan Island Kayak Tour is truly the ultimate island experience. These pacific northwest gems are widely known to offer some of the best sea kayaking on the west coast. We offer 2-Day, 3-Day, and 5-Day overnight tours so guests can select the best option for the amount of time they have. Each … Continued
Private Kayak Tours. San Juan Island is one of the best sea kayak touring destinations in the United States. San Juan offers one of the best opportunities to kayak with killer whales. Whale watching on San Juan Island is one of the primary vacation activities. We recognize there are some that would prefer to reserve … Continued
San Juan Island Mothership Kayak Tour Discovery Sea Kayaks is excited to offer this new and unique San Juan Island adventure. The San Juan Islands have always been considered a world class sea kayak destination. Combined with the excitement of sailing and you have everything you could ever want from an adventure vacation to the … Continued